Work and Holiday
This visa is for persons aged 18 to 30 who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to one year. The Australian High Commission in Singapore processes Work and Holiday visa applications for persons who hold Singapore passports.
Under the Singapore/Australia Work and Holiday agreement an annual limit of 500 Work and Holiday visas are available each year. Once all visas have been allocated, there will be no more new visa grants until the following programme year.
Applicants must make an appointment through the VFS Singapore website to lodge their application. Appointments will be released on 2 July 2018 until all places are filled for the programme year. Once you have successfully booked an appointment, you will have to attend the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in person to submit your application.
You may be eligible for a Work and Holiday visa if you:
- Are aged 18 to 30 years (inclusive) on the date you apply; and
- Hold a valid Singapore passport; and
- have not previously held a Working Holiday (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa; and
- have functional English; and
- hold a tertiary qualification (Doctoral degree, Masters degree, Graduate diploma, Graduate certificate, Bachelor degree, Associate degree, Advanced diploma, Diploma level qualifications), or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study.
For more information on eligibility, please click here.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in AUD||Visa Fee in SGD||Additional Applicant Charge (18 years and above) in AUD||Additional Applicant Charge (18 years and above) in SGD||Additional Applicant Charge (Under 18 years old) in AUD||Additional Applicant Charge (Under 18 years old) in SGD|
|Work and Holiday (subclass 462)||440||490||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
*Fees updated effective from 01 January 2018.
How to pay for your visa
Cash and locally-issued bank drafts (Payable to “AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION”) NB. Bank drafts drawn on overseas banks outside Singapore will not be accepted as there are delays in clearance and additional Application Fees involved.
|Application lodgement and biometric collection – Primary applicant||SGD 55|
|Additional document submission – if not accompanied by a letter from the Visa Office||SGD 39|
How to pay Service Fee
Cash and locally -issued bank drafts (Payable to “VFS SINGAPORE PTE LTD”)
Note: Both visa application charge and service fee must be made together when lodging an application.
When granted an Australian visa you are issued with a visa grant notice that explains the conditions of the visa including period of validity and entry requirements. You are advised to carry this visa grant notice for your own reference.
Australia's modern electronic visa system does not require you to have a visa label placed in your passport to confirm your immigration status and entitlements in Australia.
You can use Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for free to check your visa status and entitlements. Your electronic visa details are linked to the passport information you gave us in your application. It allows you to check your visa details online and provides more information about your visa conditions and entitlements than a label.
myVEVO provides greater access and flexibility for visa holders. It enables them to view and email their work and study conditions wherever they go or email employers or education providers an official record of their visa details directly from their phone.
- Users can log in to the app using a four digit PIN they create themselves. This is easier to remember than other Departmental issued client identifiers.
- Visa holders can also easily check their visa expiry date, which is useful for visitor visa holders while on holiday or travelling.
- Users can download and find out more information about myVEVO from their app store: Apple or Android.
One passport-sized photograph (please attach to the form). NB - ID photos that have been digitally enhanced or altered to improve or change appearance or remove distinguishing features are not acceptable. As the photos are required for identity purposes, if they do not represent your true appearance, your visa application may be delayed if you need to be asked to provide new photos. The photos should also meet normal passport size and pose (front on head and shoulders, no facial coverings or sunglasses).
For current processing times please click here